Over the last several years, numerous dog food brands and treats have been recalled for chemical contamination or Salmonella. This last summer many dog food brands were recalled due to Salmonella; all were manufactured in a Diamond Pet Foods plant in Gaston, South Carolina, USA. This plant makes many
The effects of secondhand smoke on people are well-documented. Exposure to tobacco smoke causes a variety of serious health problems, including stroke, heart disease, and lung cancer, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Not surprisingly, secondhand smoke also increases the risk
There are an increasing number of cases of dogs getting sick from ingesting a common sugar substitute, xylitol. This substance causes no problems in people, but in dogs it can cause wild fluctuations in blood sugar, often leading to a severe hypoglycemia. It can also cause liver failure.
People love sweets and so do many dogs. In fact, some dogs love their family's sweet treats and sneak bites of it when the humans aren't looking. You or your children probably also share goodies with your family pet. Many sweets are made with the substance called xylitol.
Xylitol is used to manufacture
We have all heard people say things such as "Don't give your dog chocolate, it will kill him!" or "Even a small amount of chocolate will kill a dog." Fortunately for all cabinet opening dogs out there, the truth to the chocolate rumors lies somewhere between the chilling truth in the refrigerator and
"Everyone is very professional, friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. Overall we are very pleased with the service and care Pete received and would recommend taking your fur babies to see them anytime."
"Excellent service.Friendly staff.
Show kindness and consideration of the animals."
"I was so amazed on how accommodating they were and they staff was friendly and helpful."
"The staff at Foothills are always very accommodating and super friendly, our dogs feel very comfortable when we take them into the clinic as well, that means and tells us the most about the total atmosphere at Foothills Animal Hospital."