Last updated September 17, 2021
The Government of Alberta has announced stricter protocols be implemented by businesses if we are to remain open for business. These new protocols come into affect on Monday, September 20th.
Our governing body, the AbVMA, has received confirmation from the Minister's office that veterinary practices fall in the category of "businesses that need to be accessed for daily living". In order to adhere to the restrictions laid out for us, the following practices will be followed:
- Our front doors will once again be locked as our capacity is restricted to 1/3 fire code occupancy.
- We will provide curbside service for all food, medication, and supplement sales. We can provide telephone or curbside service for payment of purchases.
- To help limit exposure and to keep our clients and team members safe, we urge you to check out our online store for food and supplement purchases and our app to order your pets medications. Purchases made through our online store can be delivered directly to your home. We offer free shipping on purchases over $50. See the FAQ page for more details.
- We will still allow 1 client per appointment into the building for your visit. Masks are mandatory while in the practice. You will be asked to wait in your vehicle until it is time for your pet's appointment and we will ask you to return back to your vehicle following the appointment. We can provide telephone or curbside service for payments following visits.
- All clients entering our building must use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Please call our front desk at 403-938-3791 when you arrive to pick up your purchases or for your pet's visit. Please follow the prompts on the menu.
- All scheduled appointments will receive an email with check in questions the day before their visit (please check your junk mail if you do not receive it to your inbox). Please complete the attached form prior to your visit. If you have not received this email prior to your visit, please let us know and we can resend it.
If you have ANY of the following symptoms please call our office to reschedule your appointment:
- shortness of breath
- runny nose
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
The entire Foothills Animal Hospital team wishes to thank our loyal clients for your understanding and compliance with these new protocols. It has been a difficult 18 months for everyone and we are vert grateful for the opportunity to remain open and provide care for your pets. We will continue to do our utmost to provide a safe environment in which to care for your "fur family".